15760 Ventura Blvd, 16th Floor, Encino, California 91436
844-921-3614 844-921-3614

Immigration Newsletters

Collection and Disposition of Immigration-Related Fees

Several immigration-related violations result in the imposition of fines. Other money is collected as reimbursement to the U.S. government for costs associated with detaining, transporting, or removing aliens, for example. Section 286 of the Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) discusses how the collected money is handled.

Controlling Alien Admission – Border Control/Admission – National Customer Service Center

The National Customer Service Center, accessible at (800) 375-5283, provides automated and live information to customers who want to learn about immigration services and benefits. The line may also be accessed in Spanish, and a TTY number is available, as well. Outside the United States, customers can call (785) 330-1048 to check the status of their cases. Only automated help is provided at this number.

Immigrant Visas – Employment-Based Visas – Labor Certification – Job Offers and Portability

Some aliens who wish to immigrate permanently to the United States in employment-based visa categories must obtain labor certifications before they will be issued visas. Specifically, nearly all aliens in the EB-2 and EB-3 categories must obtain these authorizations from the U.S. Secretary of Labor. EB-2 applicants hold advanced degrees or have exceptional abilities, while EB-3 applicants hold bachelor’s degrees or their equivalents, have at least two years’ experience as skilled workers, or work as unskilled laborers in areas for which there are no qualified U.S. workers.

Lawful Permanent Residents And the Registry Provision

United States immigration laws allow certain aliens who have been present in the U.S. since Jan. 1, 1972 to obtain lawful permanent resident (LPR) status if they have no other way of becoming LPRs.

Loss of Citizenship for U.S. Born Citizens

This article focuses on the loss of citizenship, which is also referred to as “denaturalization” when the loss is of a naturalized citizenship. For citizens born in the United States, the only ways that citizenship can be lost are through an affirmative action on the part of the citizen to renounce his or her citizenship or through the committing of several actions listed in § 349 of the Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA). U.S. citizens who lose their citizenship are said to be “expatriated.”

Quick Contact Form

Quick Contact Form